Vision Board 2018: What happend, what didn’t
In February I uploaded my vision board. Two pieces of digital paper that I hoped would happen in 2018. I’ve looked at these images almost every day. They hang on the wall above my desk.
- Living together with my boyfriend. Probably not full-time, but I would like to have a second place to call my home. This happend! My boyfriend got the keys to his house during the summer and I’ve been spending half of my time there. I’m proud to call this my home away from home.
- Journalling! WRITING!!! It helps me so much, yet I don’t do it enough. This includes blogging btw 😉 I do write more then I did last year. Still, I could have documented more. I tend to only journal when I feel bad and not spend the same amount of energy in staying happy. I also started this thing with my roommate where we will spend a couple hours every Tuesday just drawing and creating art.
- Stop buying so much shit. Everything is 100% off if you don’t buy it, and if you want to save money for travel, you can’t buy 6 pairs of shoes. This changed SO much. I used to be such a shopaholic. I would feel shitty if I came home from shopping without new things. This year I have been shopping and I still like the experience, but I’ve bought as many clothes in a year that I used to buy in a month.
- Fixing my pelvic floor issues. Been working on this, but it’s proven more difficult then I used to think. I have however improved immensely when it comes to the mental side of the problem.
- Eat healthy foods. Taking care of my body overall. It should be a bigger priority than it is now. I did eat a lot more vegetables and fruits. Sometimes I even crave fruit (!) over chocolate.
- Stay kind. I really tried, but I also learned that I only control 50% of situations. Sometimes things don’t work out as planned. Sometimes anger and frustration get in the way. Will try harder next year!
- Keep growing this year, even if it’s just a little bit every day. Even if I don’t feel it now, I think I’ve grown a lot. I learned to be more honest, I’ve discovered how to be open and vulnerable. I’m not happier than I was at the beginning of the year, but sometimes it gets worse before it gets better.
- See the beautiful starry skies in Scandinavia, where I will be camping this summer. Soooo, I didn’t camp. And I also forgot that there would be 20 hours of sunlight a day. So no starry skies, but the fjords of Norway were breathtaking.
- Develop my personal style. I stopped doing this in 2017 and just bought what was convenient, but that won’t make me happy in the long run. I discovered dark minimalism and embraced dark colours. For years I resisted wearing black because people would call me gothic. Yeah, no more. I’ll wear black everyday and I don’t care. (except for weddings. That’s the only exception).
- Travel. Maybe even finding work that I would be able to do anywhere in the world. I visited the beautiful fjords in Norway, I traveled quickly through Sweden and Denmark. I visited the tiny town of Houffalize in Belgium and there are more trips to come. Next year I will take my dream holiday to Tokyo!
- Not being so scared of things and activities. Also to dream bigger, since I never really let myself do that before graduating college. The first thing that comes to mind was the big work seminar in April. I absolutely hated it. However, I WENT. I was scared and I went anyway. The dreaming big part I really did. Carefully, I’ve been creating a vision of where I want to be in the future.
- Go to America or at least save the money to go travel there next year. I did save money to travel to the USA, but not sure about the plans. If I can’t make plans for the USA, I will use the money for my Japan travel fund.
Hi, glad to see you're here! I'm Noelle and I blog about finding my happiness and everything that comes with it. You can read more about me on this page.